this is what we're making!
Here's what you need(what was used):
- tracing paper
- stamp carving block
- cutter #2 (Speedball)
- x-acto knife
- kraft paper(optional)
- design or trace the illustration/letter of your choice onto tracing paper. (try searching for monogram fonts, there's tons for personal use online!)
- flip tracing paper over and rub with your finger or the eraser end of pencil onto carving block.
- if the image is fuzzy, darken it with your pencil!
- start carving by holding the tool as parallel to the carving block as possible for shallow cuts.
- apply light force for thin cuts and stronger force for thicker cuts.
- carve away from yourself by pushing handle forward rather than drawing it back.
- for this particular design, I used all thin cuts due to the size and delicate design. tweezers were used to pick up cuts that remained "stuck" on block.
- when you think you're finished, go over the design in pencil again to make sure you didn't miss any cuts. if you did, get rid of them!
- using an x-acto or sharp knife, cut out your stamp! that's all!
make your own wrapping paper by stamping on kraft paper!
you may choose to make a more clean cut by getting rid of the lines around the design but I left them because it makes everything look more...organic.